Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hitching North.




l
Some say it could not be done, to hitch where there is no point in going unless you are a tourist, to hitch through dessert, to hitch through rural towns with small inhabitants with shotguns and dogs to hitch to the furthest north of New Zealand well I say to those non believers I came, I saw, I only just made it!
Getting a ride from a couple from my home town of Basingstoke straight off the bat after my trek to Haruru Falls, I new today was going to be a good day. Next a couple of American girls picked me up for a short trip to Awanui where they left to go south and I headed north. Getting a lift almost instantly from Mitch (above with the dog) she took me to hers for a couple of cold ones before leaving me in the middle of nowhere with the mid day sun burning down onto my head. Slightly worried I carried on only to be picked up a couple of mins later by a young German heading for the top. I made the rest of the journey with him with a broken camera (see pic above) Job Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment